Friday, February 1, 2013

Catching Up

Hello Blog World!

I am up late, again.  Surprise surprise.

Tonight has been very productive though, I am packed to go to Goldsboro on Saturday!  I cannot wait to get home and see mom and dad's house.  It will be such a breath of comfort to sit in the living room that was full of ashes almost a year ago, and to see my family in an updated and much safer house.  The contractors told us that it could have caught fire electrically.  I feel so bad for the way it really happened, and so does Jordan, but I am so thankful that my family has a safe home now, regardless, and I am thrilled to see the house, and of course my mommy and daddy and sissy and many more people I haven't seen since Christmas or before!

I have also been chatting on Facebook with some friends from Middle and High School.

One of those is my best friend, Marieke.  I love love love this girl.  I am closest to her out of all my friends from school/home. She usually drives home from Fayetteville to see me and let me love on her sweet baby when I am home, but we didn't get together Christmas, so I am excited to spend a day with her and baby Anna on Sunday!

And that brings me to another old friend! Marieke and I spent a lot of time with Kayla in middle school and never missed her birthday in high school even when she went to another school, and her birthday is this coming Sunday! Kayla will be 20, so Marieke and I are spending our day going to Wilmington to see her and introduce her to baby Anna! I have been talking to Kayla's mom for the past couple of days and I talked with Kayla tonight on Facebook, we are all so excited!

It just gets better from here! I also got to chat with my best friend Beth.  I have known this girl for 13 years and she was just recently crowned Miss Goldsboro! Her next pageant is Miss NC, and in the meantime she is studying at UNCW with Kayla, and she leaves for her second big trip to Austria tomorrow!  I am so proud of this girl and where she is headed! I always knew she'd do great things!  Even better than all her amazing news, though, is that we were able to pick up and talk like we haven't been apart at all and we were cracking up together watching The Lonely Island videos.  I love our friendship.


I am tired, but I really wanted to remember this night.  It's been amazing just to talk to my friends.  Sometimes living far away is a bummer, but then I remember my very best friend will be home from work soon, and I know I made the right decision by saying yes when he asked me to be his wife.


Goodnight world.


Shine Bright,
<3 Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment