Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lunch With Lacey

Michaila's boyfriend, James, has four siblings. He has three younger sisters, and one younger brother.

One of his little sisters, Lacey, had to have an outpatient procedure yesterday due to her kidney problems.

The doctors discovered two growths on one of Lacey's kidneys that had to be tested, so they removed some of them and sent them in for biopsy.

When Lacey was finished, her mom, Mrs Heather, asked my MIL and I to pick Michaila and James up from school and meet them at El Rodeo, our favorite Mexican restaurant, to surprise Lacey for lunch.

We decided to stop and get a bag of goodies for Lacey as well, so I went inside and picked out things I knew she would like, and we packed the gift bag in the car on the way to El Rodeo.  We even got her a balloon.

Lacey is 9, the same age as my little sister, Savannah, and she is so sweet.

These are the pictures I got of her at our little lunch yesterday:







I have Lacey over at our house with me tonight for a sleepover all about her while my in-laws are out of town and some of her family is as well.  I am doing basically whatever she wants tonight, and it's pretty fun!  It makes me miss my sister even more, though, I guess because they are the same age.  We video chatted with Savannah earlier, and that was fun, but I digress, that's all another post!

The point of this one is to ask anyone reading this to say a little prayer for Lacey.  Please pray that this sweet girl's biopsy results come back clear of any heartbreaking news, and that doctors are enlightened on what to do about her current kidney issues.

Thanks everyone.



Shine Bright,
<3 Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment