Friday, January 4, 2013

Mathew and Emma's Birthdays

Tonight was super fun.  

We left the house around 2:30 and got to Ed and Michelle's around 3:05, just in time to meet the kids getting off the bus.  We headed inside with the cupcakes and presents, but I quickly noticed that the birthday girl was nowhere to be found!  Just as I was going to ask where she was, Sam (Michelle's oldest, he's 11), came up to me and said "Come on I'll take you to go get Emma!"  So, I followed Sam across the neighborhood to the Girls' Club, where Emma goes after school to do her homework and hang out with other girls her age.

When we got there, little miss was in the restroom.  Sam and I stood and waited for her, and when she finally came out and saw us standing there, well, let's just say that was the end of her time at the Girls' Club today.  She ran like lightening and jumped into my arms for a birthday hug, and then followed Sam and I back to their house.

After she put her school stuff away and told me all about her day, she notice the cupcakes and presents for the first time.  She immediately asked to have a cupcake, prompting all four boys to do the same.  Michelle and I told them just to hang on until Ed got home and we could eat dinner.

That pacified them for awhile and Emma wanted me to see her gifts from Santa.  So, I followed her upstairs and she showed me her new "Lalaloopsy" doll, a "Cabbage Patch Kid", a new baby doll set, a huge stuffed "Hello Kitty", and a toy dog that barks and wiggles. 

After she showed me all of her new toys, Emma wanted to play with her dolls.  I was given a newborn doll, and Emma took the new doll from Santa that had come with a high chair, carseat, and bottle.  Not long into our playing, Kaleb, the baby of the bunch, decided that he wanted to be the babysitter.  He took the newborn doll from me, placed it in Emma's doll's carseat, and took it downstairs.  Curiously, Emma and I followed him to see that he was showing Michelle how to change a diaper.  It was so ironic and so adorable!

After "learning" how to change a diaper, Michelle decided it was time to cook dinner.  She, Emma, and myself went into the kitchen.  I sat Emma up on the counter and the three of us girls talked while Michelle made the Hamburger Helper.  Emma was telling us all about lockdowns at school and how there are different kinds of lockdowns and how to stay the safest.  She is so smart.  While the meat was browning, Michelle gave Emma her medicine for the day; oral chemotherapy and preventatives.  Emma Monkey swallowed literally a mouthful of pills at one time.  I was so proud of her.  

A few minutes later, I recorded some short videos of Emma and Mathew talking about their birthdays.  During the second one, Michelle asked Emma what she wants to be when she grows up.  She gave a pretty sweet answer, and Mat and EJ announced what they wanted to be too.  The whole thing was so sweet and innocent.  I'm so thankful to have such a precious moment on video.  I uploaded the two videos onto YouTube.  Here are the links:



After the videos, everyone wanted to play with my phone. So, the photos began!

 Emma is 6!

 Birthday Crown!

 Mathew, myself, and Emma!

 Jordan and Emma!

 "Monkeying Around" with my Monkey BFF!

 Fish Faces!

Self Portrait #1

Self Portrait #2


Those were a few of my favorites from the night. :)  

Soon after our little photo shoot, Ed got home.  The kids got really excited because they knew that as soon as their dad took his shower, it was dinner time, and after dinner, it was cupcake time!

Emma jumped in her daddy's lap and begged him to hurry and take a shower!

Ed showered and then he, Michelle, and the kids had dinner.  Jordan and I didn't really eat because we had already decided to go to iHop after we left there.

After dinner, we got the kitchen straight and had all of the kids sit back down in their spots at the table.

We gave everyone a cupcake and sang "Happy Birthday" to Emma and Mathew, and then it was the long-awaited present time!

Here are the pictures I managed to get:


 Emma's cupcakes.

Mat's cupcakes.

 Yum!

 Icing smile!

 mmmm!

Chocolate Icing "CHEESE"

 Ready to open presents!

 Emma's gift from Michaila.

 Emma's gift from us.

 Happy girl!

 Mathew found a dollar!

 "Awesome!"

Mat's gift from us.


As we always do when we visit Michelle, Ed, and the kids, we had a great time.  We left about 7:30 and headed to iHop for a little date before we came home.  It's always nice to spend time with Jordan when he's not working.  

Overall it was a fantastic day with lots of great memories made, and now documented.   That is exactly the reason I love to blog.  When I remember times like these, I can go back and read just how they happened and see pictures and even videos of them from my own point of view.



Goodnight world.



Shine Bright,
<3 Stormy





No comments:

Post a Comment