Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New

Here I am again.  A new blog.  Hey, the third time is the charm, right? One of my resolutions for 2013 is to actually keep this blog up, unlike my past two.

I titled this post "New" because, very simply, it is the time for new.  Some things that are new in my life include my laptop, a Samsung Chromebook from my mom and dad; this blog; and of course, like everyone else, this year. Most things are the same for me, including the fact that I am still happily married to the love of my life, whose nickname for me inspired this blog. We celebrated our first anniversary of marriage on October 13, 2012, and are fast approaching two years since Jordan asked me to be his girlfriend.

Just to do a little catching up for anyone who may have read either of my other blogs, my mom and dad's house is almost finished.  The rebuild has taken the better part of a year, but by the looks of it they and my kid sister will be moving back into their home by the end of this month.  For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, my family lost our home March 12, 2012 to a fire.

Speaking of homes and moving, Jordan and I found a cozy little apartment and are working towards moving into it as soon as mid-January.  It will be our first place on our own and we are very excited.  We currently live with his mom and dad for the second time (we lived with my parents inbetween), but that's all quite a long story, and all in the past, so I'd rather just move forward.

That being said, I will recap the recent holidays to bring this blog up to speed so that I can do just that.


So, here are a few photos and memories from Christmas 2012:


  The first two are from Christmas here in Va.  We didn't get many pics, but these are my favorite this year. 

This one is of my sister in law, Michaila, myself, and my mother in law, Jessica. It was one of the first photos of the night on Christmas Eve and definitely a favorite.  This pose seems to be becoming a tradition.



Here I am with Michaila. This one is a sweet memory.  I was just sitting in front of the tree when she hopped in my lap for a quick pic.  I love this girl.  I am blessed to have such a good friend in my sister in law.






The next few pictures are from my Christmas trip home to North Carolina to see my family. They are in absolutely no order, so please forgive me for my lack of organization here, but they sure are great memories.

This is my precious God daughter, Ashlynn Grace. Ashlynn is my cousin's little girl. This was her second Christmas and she absolutely loved it! Here she is excited about her new Princess doll house.


 This is my cousin, Tabetha.  She is Ashlynn's mommy.  This is her "you have got to be kidding me" look.  I got it for snapping this unexpected picture of her.  It is so her, and I love it!


 This picture is of two of my favorite girls.  On the left is Mekenzie, she is a close family friend and has been around long enough for me to claim her as another sister.  On the right is my sweet sister, Savannah. They are enjoying the laptops my parents got for Savannah and I.


 Here is my sweet Ashlynn again! She is tiny compared to the three story Barbie Dreamhouse that Santa left for Savannah!  Both girls love it!


 This is one of my favorites for sure.  A sweet shot of my sissy and I.


 Vannah figuring out her latest gadget!


 Webcam shots of Savannah and I.  We love the laptops.


One of the features allows us to webchat, which is awesome since we have 3 hours between us now.  It's so cool to be able to webchat her before bedtime and ask about her day.  It is certainly one of the more precious perks of modern technology.








These next shots are from my trip to Maryland for New Year's.  I drove home to Va from NC on Friday and was home for literally a half hour before hopping into the van and hitting the road again.  Thankfully, this time I was a passenger.  I was pretty tired of driving. 
Anyway, Jordan's uncles moved to Maryland a little over a year ago, so his mom, sister, grandmother, and aunt have started the tradition to go there for New Year's, and since my love had to work on Monday night, I went along for the trip this time. 

This picture is from our second night in Maryland.  Michaila and her best friend, Lizz, wanted to do makeovers, so I said let's go for it.  Lizz curled everyone's hair, Michaila did my makeup, and we proceeded to take photos like this one for the next half hour.  My hair looked so good the next morning, I wore it curled that day when we went to the big mall.  


Here we are ready to go out to eat and see the fireworks on New Year's Eve.


Uncle David had the idea to take my picture under the fireworks. I love it about as much as I love fireworks!


 Here is a shot of the whole group, minus Uncle Chris (because he was the photographer) when we got back to the house after dinner and fireworks Monday night.


This one is of Michaila, Lizz, and myself enjoying our S'more's machine. It's really awesome, definitely one of our favorites from Santa. That's Uncle Chris in the background.


 This one is Michaila, Uncle David, and myself getting ready to ring in 2013.


 This is the first picture after I decided it was pajama time.  From left to right, pictured here are myself, Uncle David, Michaila, JJ, and Uncle Chris.  We are dancing like there's no tomorrow!


This was me at about 11:55, ready for the countdown! Happy New Year!


And here is the last photo of the night, the girls of the gang winding down as we watched the after midnight portion of Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve.  It was a great night.




The whole trip was great, the whole holiday season.  I love every memory made this holiday season, and though I couldn't be more excited to leave 2012 behind, there are some cherished memories from the year as well.  I can only hope that 2013 brings on even better memories and, in fact, I know it will.  Life is what you make it, and as Hannah Montana taught me to do, I am choosing to make it rock!



Happy New Year everyone.  Make 2013 ROCK!


Shine Bright,
<3 Stormy




No comments:

Post a Comment